Wednesday, September 7, 2011

To San Francisco with Love

Last month we took a trip to San Francisco for the day. Our intentions were to leave the house by 8am but we didn't leave until 11am. We figured it was a Saturday, no work traffic. We thought it wouldn't be a big deal. IT WAS!


Like I said we left at 11am, stopped for lunch in Sacramento, and didn't arrive in SF until 5:30 pm. We didn't realize that we decided to come into town on a very big weekend. The 49ers played the Oakland Raiders that very same day and we rode in with all the fans. At some point I was ready to turn around and go back home. My husband wanted to reach our destination,and tends to be less pessimistic than I am, so we pressed forward. I'm glad that we did. Even though we only stayed for 3 hrs and it took us twice that to get there.


Photobucket



The last time I was in San Francisco was almost 10 years ago (came through on honeymoon) and it's still just as interesting as I remembered. The very first time I visited was way back in high school and I spent just a few hours at the pier eating clam chowder and sipping on sarsaparilla.


All the hours and frustration I felt while sitting on the freeway were washed away when we crossed the bridge. I do love SF.


I love the bridges, even though the tolls are ridiculous.

Photobucket



I love the fish.

Photobucket



I love the chocolate.

Photobucket



I love the history.

Photobucket



I even love the cheesy chain restaurants.

Photobucket



I love the city at night.




My husband and I have agreed that the next time we make the trip that we leave early and make sure that there are no sporting events happening in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment