Monday, August 8, 2011

Adventure Time

It's not an adventure if you plan it. I wish I could claim those words of wisdom as my own, but they came out of a Title Nine catalog.

This weekend we went on an adventure. Where to? Sierraville, CA. What's in Sierraville? Not much. It's a town that needs a sign that says "If you are looking for Sierraville, you just passed it."


That being said we had a great time. We had a nice authentic Mexican lunch at Los Dos Hermanos. There are only 3 restaurants in the town. Guessing from the traffic outside this place we chose the best one. Even the Sheriff was eating there. The tacos were over flowing with meat, cheese and lettuce and the shells were definately made fresh.


I texted my friend from the booth and asked what we were suppoed to do here. Her reply, we usually pass through. Uh oh. We may have taken this tour for no reason.


Absolutely not. There's always a good reason to hop in the car and drive to see where the road takes you.





"Hey honey, pull over there are some horses in that field.", I said. My husband doesn't know horses like I do. "Why?" "So we can pet them." Doesn't he know that they are like dogs. Walk up to the fence and they will be there in seconds. Yes! These horses did not dissapoint.





We must have spent a good 30 minutes with Chick Chick and Lazy Cow. Yes, they got named. I feel like a little girl around horses. Never got that pony I wanted. I've spent the remainder of my life being around them whenever possible. When I was in college I spent some of my off time taking care of other peoples horses. Good times. My sister and I almost purchased one together. I think she has that pony dream too.


We discoverd that there is a hot springs resort in Sierraville. That seemed like an interesting option until we found out that the pools are clothing optional. No thanks. With a 5 year old that may be too many questions to answer.


The way home was just as pleasant. We stopped at random areas along the side of the road to tickle our toes in the river, throw rocks or just walk in the grass and wildflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment